Support & FAQs
Join & Create Profile
What does my profile do?
Your Other Acting School profile is your presence in our growing community of artists. Use it in conjunction with your other social media platforms to form circles, promote projects and exchange ideas.
- Your information and content are yours. We will never use them for any reason.
- You can earn badges for tasks such as:
- Completing your profile.
- Becoming a verified member by attending one of our classes.
- Doing an online class.
- Teaching or doing a project with us
- You can also get information on special events, rates, discounts and more.
Check it out by clicking “Join/Login” in the upper right corner.
How do I upload my Audition to YouTube?
How do I convert my letter(s) to PDF?
Can I perform something I’ve written?
Yes. You should perform whatever inspires you. But here are some questions to ask yourself when you’re making this decision.
- Do you have a set idea of how this monologue should sound?
- When you’re acting, you really want your performance to be fresh and new, even to yourself.
- Is it autobiographical?
- When something is really close to home, it might be even harder to find new, inspired ways of doing it. Because you know exactly how it turns out, it’s difficult to inspire the dramatic question in the piece.
- Is there another piece that has the same essential qualities?
- If you’re at all doubtful about any of the questions above, you can always look for a published work that has the same dramatic shape or type of character.
How do I choose a monologue?
Choose anything that inspires you and reveals who YOU are. Sometimes an actor is inspired to make the lyrics of a song into a monologue, or perform the Joker’s speech to Commissioner Gordon from the graphic novel, “The Killing Joke.” But do this only if you haven’t found a play or movie monologue that you love.
We’re not against adapting from pop-culture, but yu have to put extra energy into making the performance YOURS. It can be difficult to see you if you’re conforming to preset ideas about the song, or what The Joker sounds like.
In the end, you want something that you love and reveals your personality. If you’re still stumped, here are some links to research.
Registration After Acceptance
Can I pay my tuition in installments?
Paying your full tuition prior to the deadline gets you the £400 Early-Bird Discount. If you need to pay in installments, you’ll be charged full price. We can set up 3 payments of £965 according to the following schedule:
- Three weeks prior to first day of classes.
- Last class of Week 4.
- Last class of Week 8.
Please submit a request for this using our “send A Message” form.
Online Course Questions
When will the online course modules be available?
There will be three short courses available in mid-2019. The proposed launch date is July 1.
Can I get a workshop in my area?
We can arrange to do workshops in your area. It just takes a little planning. You can contact us with a request. Let us know how many people you anticipate attending the class and we can work from there. And don’t forget to tell us where you are :-).