- The leader explains the three traffic light colors and the meaning they will have in this game.
- Green means run around the space in all directions.
- Red means stop immediately and lie down on the ground.
- Yellow means freeze and stand on one leg in a position you can hold without being unbalanced.
- The leader shouts the colors in random order as the participants respond to them.
TIP: This is a “catch-all” game that can be applied to any other activity or scene. If done with older participants, you can use it it punctuate or add drama to any improvised sce.
VARIATION: Dramatic Moment. During any improvised scene the leader can arbitrarily play some slow, dramatic music. While the music is being played all of the actors have to move in dramatic slow motion. This can have comedic effects if it doesn’t match the activity. For example, someone dramatically slices bread or sharpens a pencil.