This exercise emphasizes physicality and inclusion. participants have to receive a strong offer from another performer and change it creatively.
- Participants stand in a circle facing the center.
- To start, have the participants practice sending an imaginary ball of energy across the circle to another person.
- Once the person receives the ball of energy, it can grow or compress in the person’s hands. And change its size and weight.
- Allow the size and weight of the ball to suggest ways in which it is passed across the circle. It may be lightly tapped and float like a balloon or punted like a football, or rolled like a cannonball.
- Once participants are having fun with this version, add sound. Make vocal sounds in any pitch or rhythm to accentuate the interaction with the ball. Receive and duplicate the sound then create your own.
- Add creative movement and repetition to go with sending sound ball. Recipients must repeat the movement as well as the sound before creating their own to send to another person.