- Divide the class into pairs. Have 1-3 participants be a Master Thief.
- Have each pair of participants establish eye contact across the space and agree to imagine a laser beam between them about as wide as a broom handle. They can set themselves up so that the laser beams criss-cross the space at various levels. Use the eye focus to indicate the exact placement of the laser beam. You may want to rehearse this with a pair to demonstrate which movements will cross the beam and which ones won’t.
- Place an object in the middle of the room. This is the thing that the master thief must steal.
- The thief makes his/her way toward the object while avoiding the laser beams.
- If the thief breaks a pair’s laser beam, they say “Buzz!”
- Thieves are allowed three “buzzes” before they are out.
For added drama, you can set-up the laser beams while the thieves are outside the room. Play the theme from “Mission Impossible”, giving the thieves the duration of the song to succeed.