This is a good ice-breaker and encourages physical movement while problem-solving.
- Have all participants stand in a circle, facing the center. If you have a large group, divide them into two smaller groups.
- Make the circle smaller until everyone is standing shoulder to shoulder.
- All participants reach into the center and grasp a different person’s hand in each of their own hands. This will make a tangle of arms and hands in the middle.
- The rest of the exercise is spent untangling the knot without losing hold of the other people’s’ hands you are holding onto.
- Talking is allowed, but at a higher difficulty level, you can do this without speaking.