- Everyone in a circle. Three players go into the center of the circle.
- There are 3 things a player can be:
- An ALIEN: hold your index fingers up next to your head, like little antennae and say `Bleeb bleeb`, bending inwards into the circle.
- A TIGER: push your right hand forward, imitating a claw and roar.
A COW: bend forward, hold your right hand on your tummy and go `Moooo.’
- At the teacher’s signal, every player reacts instantaneously to become one of the three things. The idea is for everyone to be the same thing, which obviously won’t be the case on the first try (unless it’s by an incredible fluke).
- The teacher continues to give the signals in quick succession to keep the reactions instinctive.
- The players continue to react until everyone is in sync. Once this is achieved a new group of three enters the circle to try.
This requires both thinking for yourself, watching the other players, and at some point deciding to copy the other player so all three of you can be the same and succeed. This game teaches Chivalry. This means; not clinging to your own ideas, being willing to give up control and allowing yourself to be changed by other players.
- Variation 1: Invent your own animals (or things) and let players become juke boxes, birds, whatever.
- Variation 2: Play ‘majority wins’ with the entire circle. Animals/things that are most in the minority must drop out.
- Variation 3: This game can be played as Rock, Paper, Scissors. You must define which animal or object beats another.