The point of this exercise is to have the participants see and accept exactly what someone offers them without thinking that it’s wrong (even if it’s changed from the original form). So-called ‘mistakes’ are actually an opportunity.
- Everyone gets in a big circle. One player starts by making a little gesture and a sound.
- The next person in the circle tries to do exactly the same thing. Do not try to change what the previous person did.
- But everyone has their own individual ways of seeing and doing, so even without trying to change, the action will. This is fun for both the person whose turn it is, and everyone else watching the action change.
- Watch for movements that suddenly change. This is not really supposed to happen, but it will. Once it has happened, it should be accepted by the next player.
- Also watch/listen for little moans or sighs that players might make before or after their turn – these should also be taken over by the next player.